searchitup

11.27.2010

So...now you have TWO blogs??

Helloooo, world!

Well, it would probably be more accurate to say, "Helloooo, three people who still remember that I have a blog!"  Apologies are moot, I know - I've been saying "stay tuned for the triumphant return of Foolish Things Ministries" for almost exactly two years now... "coincidentally" the same time that I began working full-time at the Brooklyn Tabernacle directing our elementary children's ministry [and that's as close as I'll get to making an excuse].

So, two years later, sitting in my apartment one average Saturday morning - I believe I've fixed the problem.  I've started another blog.

Confused Bystander: "So... you haven't posted on your original blog for two years... and your solution is... to now have to manage and stay on top of TWO blogs."

ExxxxACTly.  Kind of.  See, part of the problem is that FTM has developed a personality over the years.  FTM posts are either AGA [Amy's Great Adventures] episodes... or A-Musings [random thoughts that take on a life of their own]... or epic-length essays on who-knows-what.  But, most of the time, when I think of something that I'd like to share with people - it's somewhat short, random, oftentimes puzzling and just wouldn't fit into the FTM vibe.  Hence, blog #2.  And FTM will continue to run!  Once I get back into the habit of blogging, the FTM episodes will begin to flow, I'm sure of it.

So why "stillonthewheel"?  Well, it's been just about nine years now since I really began to pursue God - and the more I grow and the more I learn... the more I realize that I'm clueless :)  The number of times that I've said to God or to myself, "wowsers, I have SOOOOOO much to learn" is too high to count!  And, while I used to buck at any sign of imperfection in myself, I've learned that doing that causes an endless cycle of frustration and zero growth.  Now, I've been able to make peace with the fact that I am a work-in-progress, and that the Christian walk will never stop being a process.  And that God never intended me to be so focused on "achieving" that I stop enjoying the exhilarating, confusing, sometimes painful faith-building process of "becoming."

And maybe... just maybe... there are some fellow "pots on wheels" out there who might need some encouragement that "works in progress" are a-okay.  Some days, these posts might be silly and spontaneous - while others might wrestle with uncomfortable questions.  But I guess that's all part of being a pot, isn't it?

I welcome you to the journey :)


No comments:

Post a Comment